Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sem's End 2006

This week had been a busy one as my schedule was swamped by both work and fun. Well, at least the fun part trumped work for being a major stakeholder for this week's share. Every day was blog worthy; however, as soon as I went home (lab), I'd surf through the internet a bit, play DotA then go to sleep. No more time for blogging. haha. I'm not a fast blogger anyway.

Last Oct 26-27 was IML's (my research lab) sem-ender outing. It was us 198ers (read: thesis students for the sem) who were put in charge of the food and activities for the whole outing. IML faculty (plus SirFranz of DSP lab) came along and even took care for the venue expenses.

For our lunch, we grilled pork barbecue and bought 3 Andok's lechon manok (mukhang bitin kasi yung na-grill namin dahil nasobrahan ata ng taste test). All the time, I had been bragging about the rice that I cooked (not using a rice cooker). In urban places such as Manila, it is a rare feat to cook rice through the stove. For Dinner, Makee and I grilled bangus while the others cooked 'KFC' style. We did cook good, however, the meals were not that fulfilling because shares are limited. Yung iba mahina rin dumiskarte sa pagkain. haha.

Just like at UP Circuit's FR and sem-ender, I was in the swimming pool the whole time. You see, I am really addicted to swimming, ever since I got to learn how to swim. I've somehow mastered breast stroke and had greatly improved with butterfly! haha! Majority of the IML peeps were inside chugging down their beer and singing away with the karaoke machine. We 198ers were at the pool most of the time. Being wasted was not a good idea especially when we were tasked to prepare for breakfast the following morning. We prepared tuna and egg sandwiches for everybody.

The next day, most of the IML kids left early for their EEE53 MP submission. Right from the start, the faculty promised free lunch for the next day. Eventually, it was us 198ers who were left behind. Since only a few remained, the 'grand pakain' of the faculty became a more 'grand pakain' as the budget per head went high. We then proceeded to Samaral Seafood Restaurant along the high way in Laguna. Overall, it was fun, since we were able to bond more with our professors. For us 198ers, sulit-na-sulit talaga! I doubt if this kind of sem-ender would happen again. (next sem? nah...) Hooray for us, cool guys!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 28: Today was the MADC finals @ Festival Mall, Alabang. I joined the UP delegate towards the event. Much like that of PICC, I get to man a table with IEEE paraphernalia and books/manuals for z80 Encore! written by DocSison and SirOsmonn. At least for now, I was no longer alone. Accompanying me was Dr.Sison's wife. They have a cute kid whose name is Linus (from Linux creator Torvald). Another bonding moment from a not-so-stranger. I think I'm improving with my social skills hehehe.


Anyway, the whole MADC was again dominated by UP Diliman. It was only on the Mobot race category where PLM won the first place. PLM's pride lies on the Mobot race; when it comes to the Open Design Competition, they don't even have a single entry. Meinard of Yamatake Lab, earned about Php13,000 at MADC. How? By winning first place in the Advanced Mobot Race, then second on the classic mobot race (where PLM was first). He did it all by himself. They even say that the algorithm for his advanced mobot entry was only programmed the night before. Malupit! With no other one to divide for the cash prize, he did won lots a cash. Napilitan nga lang siyang magpainom, due to insistent demand.

Now, the end of my week's work (and fun), went back to EEE. What am I supposed to do here? Should'nt I already be at Baguio? Well, I'm here for THE SAME reason as of last year. INC pa rin kami sa CoE141!! hahahaha. By Oct31, I should really be at home. Matapos man namin ni Eugene o hindi ang 32-bit adder. I even forgot that today was my birthday. I was only reminded when the clock struck 12am and lots of people greeted. Thank you!

Thanks to my Jap 12-13 classmates who celebrated Weng-sensei's and my birthday. Actually, the plan really was to surprise sensei on her birthday last Oct 25. Since my bday falls nearly on the same week, they included my bday in the celebration. haha. Freeloader. The party was last thursday, the same day of IML's outing; therefore, I was not there. Even so, they still celebrated it (alongside sensei's).

Here is a tribute board for me. Arigatoo!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My schedule was really swelling with too many overlaps. Yesterday (oct28), was the baptismal ceremonies for Rania Arabella aka Plummy. She is the first child of my ka-batch Rhet (BE '02b) and the pretty Janella of the Arenas clan. I regret not being able to attend Plummy's baptism since I was hooked up with MADC. I really don't know the greetings for a newly baptized person. Is it...

HAPPY CHRISTENING, RANIA ARABELLA!!!

posted by ScIoN 1:31 AM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


IEEE Philippines Exhibit
I got tagged?
Battle Royale 1.0
Final Thesis Presentation [Dual Core Capability of...
Blacked Out
Pasmathon
The End (of sem) is Near
Bababa Ba?
Wake me up BEFORE September ends
US Open 2006

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]