Friday, May 26, 2006

Wanted: Perfect Laptop

I remember the film, Finding Nemo, which had a character of a crab/lobster in an aquarium. This crab had been guarding an oyster-like accessory which gives off bubbles once in a while. He had been delusional, thinking that one day, a pearl would appear from that accessory.

For the past weeks, I had been like this crab, waiting for the right moment for catching a prized possession. After gaining some amount of money from my previous rackets, I am bent into buying my own personal laptop.

Almost 90% of my online time, I check on tipidpc (and others as well) to get the best valued laptop. My major constraint is the budget for it, since the money would come from my very own pocket. Not only that, since I am to order online, I have to check on the security of my money. Just a few days ago, I had just exchanged emails with "Mihai Alin" regarding a laptop he supposedly sells. Good thing that I don't trust someone easily, I finally found out that he is a scammer. Just try googling his name and read the ebay Malaysia forums.

At first, I had settled for 2nd hand laptops since they tend to be affordable. I would just rely on the seller's feedbacks for the security of the transaction. But then, buying something second hand have great risks. Who knows that the laptop's lifespan might normally end by the time you buy it.

Buying a new one is not far off, since laptops today outsell desktops. Laptops come cheaper these days. As of now, my money on hand can not afford the new one, unless somebody can lend me some money. I hope I can ask money from my bachelor uncle, or my business-minded grandma.

I am not going to buy a laptop to boost my social status. My career path with IML is to be a hardware programmer. That mobility is needed in programming. I don't have to go home or to the lab just to do my codes. It's like being a writer in a much more technical way. I have to be able to do it anywhere at my own liking. Especially now that we are to be doing our thesis project, I don't want to be stucked in the lab. Perhaps, I can do it in a more convenient place.

Another thing is that, my main desktop is already OLD. So instead of buying a newer desktop, why not aim higher and shoot two birds with one stone via the laptop choice?

So can you guys donate for my cause?

posted by ScIoN 6:57 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


Post Batangas Escapade
How Safe is eBay.ph?
I am a DOST scholar??!!! and Family First boo-boo...
Work Experience
Working for Mothers' Day
ePLDT or Symphony?
What's in Store for Me This Summer
My Very First Job Interview
Help Wanted: Part-Time Job
Warty the Warthog

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]