Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ureshikute Subarashii

It had been a wonderful day today.

I got to play tennis with Christian, a labmate and current batch head for this sem's TennisUP application. It had been weeks since my last tennis game. I think I have not played tennis ever since I came back from Japan. Who would have thought that after the tennis game and a shower, my blood pressure regularized to about 130/90? Ganito ba ako kaadik sa tennis? Tennis lang pala katapat ng high blood ko e hehe. Well, this is still in the prehypertension area but at least I was able to lower it down from 140/100. I hope I would be able to lower it more these coming days.

After lunch, I went to EEE and claimed my salary check from IEEE-Philippines. Ipod o kaitai desune. Ikura? hehehe. Went to IML in order to synthesize my shifter block for the CoE113 Final MP. My partner Maurice's block seemed to be unsynthesizable, or probably there's something wrong with his testbench. There have been errors in the waveform outputs. As soon as I used my shifter design and my own testbench, the generated waveforms now have been ideal. Yeah! With regard to our MIPS processor, all of the instructions had been tested individually though we still need to test it with the complete program flow. We used Maurice's design since he already had a headstart. There had been some minor flaws in his design, good thing we started early so now we had it fully functional already. Hopefully we would be able to 'perfect' this MP, once and for all!

Late in the afternoon, I jogged around campus. IML cool guys: Bryann, Gian and Dean actually jogged earlier, and I was able to catch up with them during my first half of a lap. Dean and Gian already slowed down because of Dean's knee. Since they were just walking, I continued with my own pace.

I forgot to mention before here in my blog that I found a casio watch in my room at the Toshiba guest house in Japan. It's a Casio JC-11, and its special features are specifically for jogging/walking. It's cool since I am able to use it, now that I would consider jogging as a habit. My pacing is usually different from other people, it may be faster or slower. I get tired easily when I am with jogmates who have a faster pace, so I usually would want to jog alone at my own pace. With the pacemaker, I am able to maintain a constant pace suitable to me. This is good since having constant pace would make you feel comfortable and balanced all throughout jogging. With tennis and jogging in the list of my activities, I should be able to normalize my blood pressure in time for my follow-up med exam. I'd like to thank Charity for the sphygmomanometer she lent me. Because of that, I am able to monitor my BP regularly. I'm quite surprised with myself because I get to learn new things lately. Just last week, I was able to learn how to bike, and now I already know how to measure blood pressures. When I measure my own BP, I don't even need a stethoscope! haha. Before, I had to rely on my room mate to measure my BP. Now, people have been lining up requesting me to measure their blood pressures.

I think my spirits are getting high up again. ;)

Labels: ,

posted by ScIoN 9:56 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


Health is Wealth
On a High
Bicycle
The Waiting
Medical
SMART Offer
SMART IT Summit
Opportunity Awaits
It's Not Fun Waiting
Toshiba Chronicles IV

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]