Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Next Phase

Ironically, we have just relocated to a new address on our last 'business day' in Japan. My new apartment is now located in Kasukabe City (still in Saitama prefecture). Our business trip was more of an evaluation period for us by our client. Now that we have been approved, this new address would be our 'permanent' one.

I'm going to live in a 'mansion' (マンション), which is actually a Japanese glorified term for an apartment. I guess its equivalent in Philippine setting would be the condo units. Definitely, this one's bigger, better, cooler (etc.) than our previous apartment (アパート). The city is also a better location because it has a good number of stores to buy from, unlike the previous one in Satte wherein the Supermarket was always out of our way.

Anyway, I won't have to 'enjoy' our apartment just yet, since my flight back to the Philippines is already scheduled the next morning. Geez, we have to wake up early since our taxi will arrive at 4:45am going to Kasukabe station. Then from Kasukabe to Shin Koshigaya via train (with all our luggages). Shin Koshigaya is the nearest place for us to board the airport limousine bus. Following the 2-hour rule, we should be at Narita airport terminal II 2 hours before (7:30am) the scheduled flight (9:30am). By 1:30pm, I should be in Manila already, and I do plan to go straight to Baguio this weekend. Well, good thing I have my uncle to fetch me and perhaps drop me off at Victory Liner Cubao.

I do hope the storm (that came from the Philippines) wouldn't reach Japan just yet, and be out of the plane's way. Funny (or scary) thing though is the recent brouhaha happening in the Philippines. Because of the '2nd time' mutiny attempt in Makati, the Philippines had been in some sort of mini-Martial Law already (curfew? reporters being screwed up?). What good timing! Speaking of 'good', perhaps the exchange rate for the yen would rise (in time for my currency conversion) and it could be a good reason for our extended 'vacation'.

Anyway, since I'm going home these are the things I'd definitely do:
  • Have a haircut. haha! 3 months, that's a feat for me. I usually have my hair cut once a month. I never knew how to let it grow properly. But because Japan's haircut are too pricy (imagine going to SC barber shop and paying Php400 for it), there was no choice but to wait. I'm thinking of going to some hair salon with all those hair solutions and all. I'm also going to buy those barber shaves as backup.
  • Be with my family. When I go back to Japan, it's going to be one year before I'm going home again. I'm going to treat them out, since I'm also going home for the first time as a self-supporting employed individual. Too bad, I can only do this in just about 2 days (hopefully I won't be summoned back to work on a Monday).
  • Manage my finances. It's hard earning as an expat because of the currency fluctuation. And so, I have been planning on ways to help curb those conversion losses and perhaps have a better return on investment from other sources.
  • Unlock my PSP's potential. hehehehe. It's hard to find english games in Japan, you know? And most of the time, they're expensive, hehe.
  • Meet some friends. Well, okay, to give out some 'raffle' items. What's the latest buzz?
  • Work. Well basically it's to process my Japan engineer visa. I hope we're not required to report at the Philippine office daily (9-6pm) or else I might not be able to do all of those written above.
Ano pa ba? Ewan, basta enjoy enjoy na lang. Hopefully when I go back to Japan, my enjoyment shall continue at work.

posted by ScIoN 6:06 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

ScIoN is a former Systems Engineer in Japan who specialized in industrial imaging and digital hardware design. He is now back in the Philippines pursuing graduate studies in Finance at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.



Tag



Links


|Argel| |Charity| |Cholle| |Danes| |Dean| |Det| |Dyan| |Elma| |Fil| |Jeric| |Joe A.| |Kir| |Liz| |May| |May & Glenn| |Nino| |Norman| |PaU| |Rex| |Islander| |Yugs|

comments

Recent Posts


PSP vs. DS
Mr. [o]Miyagi
I'm Going Home This December(!!!)...
DCC DLX Goes to Tencon 2007 (Taipei, Taiwan)!
Saturday at Chuo University
The Lab Rat [aka Country-side Mouse] and the Numbe...
Stuck in the Suburbs
PHS Internet
Jaxtr [Link your Phone]
Akihabara

Archive


July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Credits


[Powered by Blogger]